Tuesday, November 10, 2015

About 20 minutes to spare

Yesterday’s workout was 300 kettlebell (KB) swings which is always a good way to get a quick workout and elevate my heart rate.  

I’ve learned to toss in some other goodies between swings to add some variety.  I’ve done this particular workout a couple times and really like it so I’m sharing it with you for your consideration of giving it a try one of these days.

Here’s the workout – note all swings are of the hand-to-hand (H2H) version:

H2H swing x 60 + snatch R x 5 + snatch L x 5

H2H swing x 60 + clean R x 5 + clean R x 5

H2H swing x 60 + front squat R x 5 + front squat L x 5

H2H swing x 60 + overhead press R x 5 + overhead press L x 5

H2H swing x 60

So that’s 300 swing reps plus some KB change.

My cadence for this workout was to not start another round of H2H swings until my heart rate (HR) subsided to 70 percent of my maximum HR; for me, that’s 130 beats per minute.

This workout took me 19:41 to complete.

Give it a try when your workout time is tight but you have about 20 minutes to spare.

Pax Domini sit semper vobiscum

No comments: