Thursday, November 12, 2015

To scratch my back

One thing this middle-aged man has noticed in his gracefully aging journey is how the things he wants now are different than the things he wanted in his youthful yesteryear.

Take birthdays or better yet Christmas for an example.  The boyish joy of wanting that Red Ryder BB Gun like Ralphie in the Christmas-season classic movie The Christmas Story is no more for me.

I'm more interested, nowadays, in the practical stuff.  And, for me but not all middle-aged men, that excludes socks, underwear, a bottle of Old Spice aftershave, or even a bottle of cheap fine or the finest whiskey money can buy.

Those who want to please me this Christmas 2015 will do so if they give me something to scratch my back.  

Pax Domini sit semper vobiscum

No comments: