Monday, December 14, 2015

Magic 50

It's been a while since I've shared a workout completed so how about today?

Last Friday afternoon, I did Ross Enamait's Magic 50.  It was the second time I did this little monster of a workout.  The first time was about 15 months ago.

The workout consists of 5 rounds of the following (I used a 20kg kettlebell but the prescription is for a dumbbell):

(1)  snatch Lx5 plus Rx5

(2)  swing Lx5 plus Lx5

(3)  burpees x 10

That equals one round.

The prescribed workout is to rest no more than 60 seconds between rounds.

I completed this workout as prescribed in 13:49 which was 18 seconds faster than my previous effort 15 months earlier.  My rest times between rounds ranged from a low of 41 seconds to a high of 55 seconds.  Average work time per round was about 2:06.  The burpees I did were of the variety including a pushup and a jump with hands extended overhead.

This was definitely a hard workout.  I hadn't done burpees in over a year and now I know why.

I'll do this again once and a while but not more frequently.  It's a keeper in my fitness tool box, the Magic 50.

Pax Domini sit semper vobiscum

No comments: