Monday, March 16, 2009

Skipping rope


In my basement is a jump rope I own that has been collecting dust for years. For the last month I’ve been thinking about resurrecting it and for some brief skipping rope workouts, but thus far that’s all I’ve done - think about it.

Today, however, I went a step further – I brought it with me to work. With one more month of my busy work season of 65 to 70 hour work weeks, I’ll continue with my something is better than nothing training strategy. Starting today, I’ll take short rest breaks between meetings with clients and marathon sessions on the computer and spend a couple of minutes skipping rope.

Pax Domini sit semper vobiscum

2 comments:

Charles Long said...

Great. Jumping rope is a regular part of my workouts. It's good exercise.

Pierini Fitness said...

Hi Charles,

Well my first set at 6:30 a.m. in the morning in my office was 100 skips. That's how I think I'll do it - sets of 100 skips but if I'll add another 10 skips for every skipped missed.