Sunday, March 29, 2009

The temptation is brewing


Today is Sunday and, once again, Pierini Fitness is closed so the chief executive blogger can rest his body, mind and soul. Thus far I’ve managed to not work on Sunday during my busy work season this year despite being, at this very moment, in the thick of a grueling workload that needs to be completed in only 17 days.

Last year at this time my wife was in Israel and Egypt for a two-week pilgrimage and I was able to use my temporary “bachelor” status to work harder than is acceptable when she is home. I actually snuck a couple of Sunday work days in last year to have a safety net for unexpected demands at the 11th hour and I’m glad I did.

As the government-imposed artificial deadline of April 15th get closer, I’ll do my best to not work on Sunday but I must be honest and confess that the temptation is brewing.

Pax Domini sit semper vobiscum

No comments: