Friday, January 8, 2010

6:00 a.m. is sure early

The Pierini DIET - click here to learn more

Earlier this week on Monday I did something I haven’t done in a long time – I went to the gym at 6:00 a.m. in the morning for a workout before attending a downtown continuing education seminar.

In years’ past, I regularly began my fitness training at 6:00 a.m. when I belonged to a gym that was near my office. I was on automatic pilot back then on most workdays; I’d get to the gym and start training at 6:00 a.m. and then take a shower afterwards before going to my office a quarter-mile away. Now I belong to a different gym and generally train in the late afternoon.

Let’s just say that Monday’s workout was very tough as my body wasn’t accustomed to the early morning demands of barbell front squats, pullups and chinups, and a one-mile timed run on the treadmill.

It was a fun, yet tough, 60-minute Monday morning workout. As I was huffing and puffing to get it done so I wouldn’t be late to my seminar, all I could think about was that 6:00 a.m. is sure early.

Pax Domini sit semper vobiscum

No comments: