Tuesday, January 12, 2010

For the rest of my life


A cyberspace fitness sister from a different mister recently asked this question on an internet fitness forum: “How do you judge that you’ve had a good workout?” Her question elicited good responses from several people and made me think about my answer.

After much deliberation, I decided that someone else’s answer best reflected mine. It was from one of my bricks and mortar fitness brothers from a different mother named FiddlerTom who replied with “If it's one I figure I'll still be doing in my eighties and nineties.”

In our perpetual youth, we middle-age men fitness warriors go through periods of diet and exercise intensity that produce great results. Being one who has been there and done that, I agree with my friend FiddlerTom. 

So my answer is: "As the clock of Father Nature continues to tick tock each day, a more reflective me concedes that the value of my diet and training plan today is only as good as its shelf life of being one that I can follow for the rest of my life. "

Pax Domini sit semper vobiscum

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi pierini,

Yes, you and Tom are filled with much wisdom (or something like that). I strive to be more like you everyday :)

Peace, love, and joy,
Donna :)