Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Pardon my rust #2

The Pierini DIET - click here to learn more

Yesterday I began a Monday through Friday “pardon my rust” series of five short videos recorded from my workout last Saturday. A friend and I – both sporting some kata performance rust – have started a Saturday karate kata workout together at our gym. How long this lasts in the short term is dependent on my workload during my busy work season. Right now, we have met twice in the past two weeks.

Today’s kata video is Tekki Shodan, the first of three kata from the Shotokan Tekki series, originally named Naihanchi in the Okinawan family of karate styles. All three of the Tekki kata are performed on a horizontal “embusen” – a Japanese term used in karate to refer to the spot where a kata begins, as well as its line of movement. Nearly all kata start and end on the exact same embusen point.

A trained eye will see obvious performance glitches in my exhibition. I profess no perfection and share this video with you solely for your viewing pleasure – or displeasure as the case may be - while you drink your morning cup of coffee or tea.



Thanks for viewing pardon my rust #2.

Pax Domini sit semper vobiscum

2 comments:

fishhead said...

My, that was a pleasure :)

I don't care what anybody says, I think you're awesome!!! :)

Tom said...

What?! Video not available? I have to try later? I don't have time for this!