Monday, April 6, 2009

Next to nothing - part II


Last Monday I wrote about what little fitness training I did the prior week; so little that it probably didn’t qualify as one of my bona-fide something is better nothing workouts, but rather a next to nothing workout. You can read about it here:

Next to nothing

Last week was more (or maybe the correct word is less) of the same. Here again is what little I did:

Tuesday
In my basement beginning at 5:45 a.m. – a single set of 54 reps of the combo of shoulder dislocates/overhead squats using a light wooden pole – a single set of 54 reps of 4-count cherry pickers – a single set of 12 reps of the standard grip pullup – a single set of 12 reps of bar dips. Cumulative exercise time: about 12 minutes.

Saturday
In my office beginning at 6:54 a.m. – a standard ab plank hold for 3:00 – a handstand hold for 1:25. Cumulative exercise time: rounding up, about 5 minutes.

So that’s a whopping 17 minutes last week, qualifying me for membership in the Couch Potato Club. I did a few isometric contractions a couple days here and there, but nothing significant to add to the week's training minutes.

My training will return to normal shortly but last week’s dismal effort was next to nothing – part II.

Pax Domini sit semper vobiscum

2 comments:

Charles Long said...

Are you still taking a minute now and then to jump rope?

Pierini Fitness said...

Hi Charles,

My rope is in my office and I can see it looking at me, like a dog looking at his master with a "I want to go for a walk" look.

Thanks for the reminder.