Thursday, March 25, 2010

I still can't do one pushup

The Pierini DIET - click here to learn more

My shoulder has been on the mend longer than I’d like and longer than any time in my fitness training past. I really don’t think it’s anything serious and it will eventually totally heal on its time and not mine.

This keeps me from doing most pressing or overhead exercises, including pushups. There was a time when I did lots of pushups, primarily on my knuckles for an added challenge and range of motion. Believe it or not, I yearn to do a pushup and have periodically tried only to find my shoulder muscle to brain communication system immediately aborts my effort.

Yesterday morning at the crack of dawn at my office, before submerging myself in another marathon work session, I dropped to the floor to try again. Once again, I was frustrated that I still can't do one pushup.

Pax Domini sit semper vobiscum

1 comment:

Charles Long said...

Bummer. A few days ago I dropped down and did 65 1st thing in the morning. I've been doing pushups probably 3 times a week lately, usually 50 at a shot.

I'm having the same problem with my knee as you are with your shoulder. Doing squats or any leg exercises are difficult for me right now so it's mostly upper body with a few squats once in awhile with limited range of motion and done slowly. I wish it would get better.