Friday, May 29, 2009

An 8 minute quickie


Yesterday I attended a continuing education seminar so I walked to the downtown location where it was held. It's one mile away from my home, so it took me about 20 minutes to get there as I chose a relaxing pace. The morning weather was spectacular. During the lunch hour, I walked another mile to my bank and then to the State Capitol to attend a pro-life rally. I walked home but made a pit stop at Bodytribe Fitness, the gym where I train, about 5 blocks from where I live.

I didn't have much time to train during this unscheduled visit and I needed to save myself for a bigger training day tomorrow, but I felt like doing something quick so this is what I did:

1) standard grip pullups x 6 reps followed by overhead squat with 95 lbs. for 6 reps

2) standard grip chinups x 6 reps followed by overhead squat with 95 lbs. for 6 reps

3) close grip pullups x 6 reps followed by overhead squat with 95 lbs. for 6 reps

4) close grip chinups x 6 reps followed by overhead squat with 95 lbs. for 6 reps.

That was it for yesterday - 3 miles of functional walking in pleasant weather and a stop at my gym for an 8 minute quickie.

Pax Domini sit semper vobiscum

1 comment:

Charles Long said...

Good. That was a much better workout than the one you did on Memorial Day.