Saturday, May 16, 2009

Journey to good fitness and health


A good friend I’ve known since college – code for 30 years - called the other day to tell me that during a recent physician’s visit he was told that his cholesterol is too high. His total cholesterol reading is 230. I don’t have his LDL, HDL and triglyceride numbers handy as I write today’s blogflection, but my first impression after studying his numbers is that his high cholesterol reading can be fixed. His physician scheduled him for more blood work in about 30 days, along with a warning if the second test yielded similar results, he’d go home with a prescription for high cholesterol medication.

My friend asked me what I thought. I told him that we can fix it without the prescription medicine. His reply was “let’s do it.”

Stay tuned for Pierini Fitness updates about my friend – a middle-age man’s prescription medicine-free journey to good fitness and health.

Pax Domini sit simper vobiscum

2 comments:

Charles Long said...

Good. It can definitely be fixed without the prescription meds.

Pierini Fitness said...

Hi Charles,

That's our plan and my friend is following my no 7 C food prescription for the next 30 days for starters.

More details later.

Thanks for stopping by and have a great weekend!