Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Getting back in the pullup groove



A couple years ago when my training consisted of bodyweight-only exercises, the pullup and all its variations was the staple of my workouts. I did hundreds of pull-ups during a workout and built very developed and impressive back muscles doing them. Some days I did a weighted singles progression workout where I would perform multiple sets of a single repetition with weight strapped around my waist. I got as high as an 82.5 lb. weighted single pullup and a 100 lb. weighted single chinup. Then I started dabbling with the Olympic lifts and my pullup workout frequency came to a screeching halt.

Lately, I’ve had an itch to include more pullups in my training and last week I included them in all three of my workouts. It’s pretty basic what I’m doing and the volume is light, nothing like those crazy pullup training days from my training past. The 6-grip pullup/chinup medley continues to be a favorite of mine. I wrote about it here: My 6-grip pullup/chinup medley

Slowly but surely I’m getting back in the pullup groove.

Pax Domini sit semper vobiscum

No comments: