Tuesday, September 15, 2009

It was not bad


Yesterday’s blogflection was about resuming my intermittent fasting (IF) lifestyle after taking a time out from it to put some weight back on my body. An early August episode of the flu left me too light for comfort so I decided to eat more and gain those lost lbs. I’m convinced it’s very difficult to gain weight following an IF lifestyle.

So I woke up yesterday morning with a strong mind committed to resuming IF and made it through the day just fine. My feeding window was from 5:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. I didn’t eat constantly during this 4-hour window but those were the hours that my kitchen was open for business.

From past experiences, I’ve learned that day one is always the toughest and yesterday was no exception. I started thinking about food around 1:30 p.m. Those intermittent thoughts weren’t disruptive to my work productivity, and they eventually went away when I got to the gym at 4:30 p.m. for a Monday afternoon workout. Dinner, afterwards, was great.

Today is day two of resuming my IF journey. I survived day one and am pleased to report that it was not bad.

Pax Domini sit semper vobiscum

No comments: