Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Oldie but goodie #3


Moving along our short trip down memory lane of revisiting my top 12 favorite blogflections from the past year finds us one-fourth finished with today’s oldie but goodie #3.

This one was a hands-down favorite by a long shot; it’s a true story about how my Dad, as a young sailor during World War II, traveled to New York City, sought out and met fitness legend Charles Atlas. It was originally published on November 19, 2008, is a very long read but a great one, so grab a cup of coffee and find it here: A young sailor meets Charles Atlas.

It’s one of my favorites because it’s a true story involving my Dad and I believe the effort spent interviewing him and writing the story was a great investment in family history. Hopefully, future generations of descendents will read it and be grateful that someone took the time to compose a fun read and true story.

I hope you enjoyed today’s Pierini Fitness blogflection oldie but goodie #3.

Pax Domini sit semper vobiscum

No comments: