Saturday, October 24, 2009

Busy eating

Last week was hit and misses with my intermittent eating (IF) lifestyle but this week I was back on Monday through Friday. Seems like the colder weather is making me hungrier or at least that’s my official excuse. Maybe it's making me weaker but that I’ll never confess. Today is Saturday so it’s not an IF day as my current plan is to eat this way Monday through Friday.

There’s one change I did make and that is the hours of my IF feeding window – the hours that the kitchen are open for business. My 5-hour feeding window had been from about 5:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. This had some drawbacks with my late afternoon training causing me to come up short with strength and strength endurance performance because at that training time of day my energy gas tank was near empty and operating on fumes.

So I finally decided to do something about it and, last Monday, changed my IF feeding window start time to 3:00 p.m. I’m still working with a 5-hour window so that means the kitchen is now open for business between 3:00 p.m. and 8:00 p.m.

My mind likes this change and so does my body and gut. While my current training is not centered on chasing heavy weight personal record attempts, I’m sure my body will deliver better performance during the intense and short cardio closer components of my fitness training.

So don’t call me at around 3:00 p.m. on Monday through Friday because I won’t be able to accept your call with a mouth full of food and busy eating.

Pax Domini sit semper vobiscum

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Pierini,

I think we do eat more when the weather gets cooler (I know I do anyway). I don't need to be storing fat for the winter though-heehee. I visited the Smoky Mtns. a few weeks ago and a park ranger told us that the average 150lb female black bear will double her size during this time to prepare for hibernation. I wonder if the males do the same? I should have asked.

Good luck with your new eating window. Sounds like a good plan.

Donna

Tom said...

With your amount of training back, along with those intense finishers, the change makes sense. It would also make sense if the window stays open longer, depending on what you scale and mirror say.