Friday, October 9, 2009

In the darkness of the night

About one year ago I wrote that in my fitness journey I tried isometric exercise training and found it to be challenging and effective, but didn’t stick with it because that training method didn’t match my personality. You can read my thoughts here: That's the isometric truth.

On Wednesday evening after a long day that included an up-and-back day trip to the San Francisco area, I managed to squeeze in a very quick workout at my gym. My shoulders were not cooperating and the time available to train was short so I came home less than fitness training satisfied. Not that it filled my training void, later that evening I spent about 2 minutes doing some isometric contractions. Here’s a very short video of me doing an isometric contraction in the shadow after my post-workout shower but before an evening snack:




My fitness training preference is movement-based, forward and backwards, up and down, and side to side. Isometric training, therefore, does not match my personality, but every now and then they are fun to do as a fitness nightcap in the darkness of the night.

Pax Domini sit semper vobiscum

No comments: