Saturday, November 21, 2009

70 minutes to eat it all

Introducing the Pierini DIET here

In my The Pierini DIET book, I ask the question of how many minutes per day do you spend eating each day? If you’re like most people, you don’t have a clue. How do I know? Because I’ve asked people and most everyone replied that they don’t know. Quite frankly, prior to taking the Pierini DIET for a test drive, I didn’t know how many minutes a day I spent eating.

Last Saturday I kept a record of what I ate and how long I spent eating for the entire day. After beginning my day with a 6:00 a.m. cup of coffee, here’s what did the rest of the day:

Breakfast – An bowl of oatmeal with one tablespoon of flax meal added, followed by one apple – 8:15 a.m. to 8:40 a.m. for 25 minutes.

Lunch РA good-sized plate of homemade pasta with hot Italian sausage with saut̩ed red onions and sweet peppers in a marinara sauce Р2:25 p.m. to 2:45 p.m. for 20 minutes.

Dinner – Two large guacamole burritos made with flour tortillas followed by a two ounce bar of dark chocolate – 8:20 p.m. to 8:45 p.m. for 25 minutes.

It wasn’t a very good day in the green department but that’s what I ate, and it took 70 minutes to eat it all.

Pax Domini sit semper vobiscum

1 comment:

Charles Long said...

You just needed a salad added to lunch or dinner.