Wednesday, December 4, 2013

A time to relax

With 2013 in its eleventh hour, I’m spending this month reminiscing and reflecting about this year of my life. It’ll be known in my history book as a year of many challenges and tears. 

Of the many challenges and tears this year, watching my father die a horrific and painful death is one leaving me lasting impressions and reflections for years to come.  There are many others, but this one I acknowledge in a sharing cyber-moment.

I’ll spend the rest of this month pondering many of this year's episodes in my 2013 book of life.  Much is currently stored in my mind’s eye but what’s there eventually will be expressed with verbal and written words assembled into a finished product best described as true biographical short stories.    

These stories will then be shared with both familiar faces and also an unknown cyberspace audience sharing a common trait with the familiar faces - curious and willing to listen and read.  There will be wisdom in each story meant to be shared with "the world" and not hoarded by my private and selfish self. 

There's wisdom to be shared about living and dying, gracefully aging and trying my best to live a good and honest life.   It’s my duty to share and instruct if I’m to continue walking and talking as the self-appointed ambassador of middle-aged men around the world.

It’s a duty I’ll answer and, of which, I have no doubt of my ability to deliver.

But right now, it’s time for me continuing to wind down my year while harboring no urgent agenda requiring me to do this or that in the few remaining days of 2013.

It’s, for me, a time to relax.

Pax Domini sit semper vobiscum

No comments: