Monday, December 9, 2013

Always rated G

There are as many bloggers under the sun as seconds in a day and probably more.  

Yet they’re unique as a two dollar bill with writing styles frequently admired, fun to read and oftentimes loaded with cleverness and wit.

It’s my genuine hope I’m somewhere in the middle, at best, of this elite and open-book cast of cyberspace characters.

There’s a group of them, however, who like sprinkling profanity - like F-words - in their compositions.  I’m not one of them.

In fact, I’ve never been a big user of the F-word although I’m fluent and do understand traditional and modern cuss words.  Shouting them in either oral or written form has just never been my cup of tea.

Since I’m human with emotions and feelings, in a moment of weakness I could succumb to barfing something later regretted but those occasions are with spoken rather than written words.

Instead I prefer clever phrases, figures of speech, idioms, metaphors, similes and the like in my expressions.

So know when you stop by for a cyberspace visit, it’ll always be safe for you and your young children or grandchildren if they happen to be sitting on your lap glancing at your computer screen while you read and enjoy my latest Pierini Fitness blogflection.     

What you’ll always find here is golden and wholesome content of a middle-aged man variety; maybe never quite Mary Poppins-like, but nonetheless always rated G.

Pax Domini sit semper vobiscum

No comments: