Friday, January 20, 2017

Make America great again

Pierini Fitness continues from yesterday, with another political content reflection.  After today, he’ll return to primarily sharing his middle-aged man reflections about living and dying, gracefully aging and trying to live a good and honest life.  So, bear with me for today.

Yesterday’s blogflection might have painted a picture of who is Pierini Fitness in one area you might not have known.  If it did so only partially, more likely than not, today’s reflection will seal the deal.

Last year, Pierini Fitness posted a couple blogflections taking a cyberspace stab, so to speak, at then candidate for President Donald Trump.  Having reviewed those posts again, I stand by everything shared in them, and would say what I said again if he said what he did again.

But along his way and successful journey to becoming our 45th President today, I’ve learned to pinch my nose at his bad while developing an appreciation for his good.  This good is both his vision of what he wants for our country and the way he shares how he’ll go about attempting to do it.

So, today, I personally congratulate Donald Trump, our new President, and privately extend my prayers and well-wishes to him as he gets to work.  I also do the same for his family, knowing it’s no easy task being a family member of the President of the United States. 

In some respects, the feelings and mood I sense among many who look forward to a new President Trump reminds me of what I recall long ago when Ronald Reagan became our President in 1981.  There was this economic enthusiasm having its roots in good old-fashioned American capitalism, a pride of America and a pride of being an American.

So, lets act on the message of our messenger, President Trump, and do our own fair share in making America great again.

Pax Domini sit semper vobiscum

No comments: