Thursday, August 13, 2009

My belated IF update


Regular followers of Pierini Fitness know that I’ve written about intermittent fasting (IF) and my experiences with the IF-lifestyle since I began it as my 2009 Lenten sacrifice. I made a decision to continue IF after Lent ended because of the lifestyle benefits it provided, and devoted several blogflections to provide my readers with IF updates. It’s been a while since my last IF update so today’s blogflection is a quick note that I am taking a short-term sabbatical from my Monday through Friday practice of IF.

Why you ask? Good question and I have a good answer.

My recent flu hiccup resulted in me dropping 3 lbs. more of bodyweight that I haven’t regained despite being back on the saddle. Quite frankly, I believe it is difficult to gain weight while practicing an IF-lifestyle. This 3 lbs. of recent bodyweight loss puts my cumulative loss at 21 lbs. from my morning bodyweight on February 25th when I began my IF journey. The daily critics who are part of my life in the real world and my own assessment based on my daily encounters with the bathroom mirror are all telling me I need to add at least 5 lbs. to my present bodyweight.

It’s time to eat more and with more frequency to gain some good quality bodyweight and that will be my goal effective immediately. Ladies and gentlemen, that is my belated IF update.

Pax Domini sit semper vobiscum

No comments: