Monday, August 10, 2009

Trying to get back to the real world


Today's planned tasks may seem modest for most but for me, after being on my back for the past 4 days, they'll be a challenge. This flu really knocked me upside down but I think I'm almost right side up again.

I'll take the day off from work just to be safe and sure and test my recovery with token tasks. First, gopher-boy task is to drive my wife's car to the gas station and fill up her car's gas tank with gas. I'll do the same with my car as we were both on empty by Sunday evening.

Then, I'm picking up Tommy Kono and taking him to Bodytribe Fitness, the gym where I train. My Dad is meeting us there. I'm sure there will be a photo or two waiting to happen during that visit.

Later in the afternoon, my wife and I will be interviewed by a local community radio station as we plug an upcoming pro-life event that we have been planning for the past couple of months.

Maybe there's more that I'll do but as of right now, that's my current to do list. I'm just trying to get back to the real world.

Pax Domini sit semper vobiscum

4 comments:

Charles Long said...

I'm glad you're doing better and I hope the day goes well for you.

Justin_PS said...

Hey, glad to hear that you're up and about! It sounds like you're doing pretty good. I hope that you get better and better.

I appreciate the invite to your place. Unfortunately, I'm probably going to be packing up and heading back east this week. I'm sorry that I couldn't make it.

I'll let you know when I'm back in the area again. I'd love to meet someday.

Franklin said...

I was very pleased to hear you are back on your feet. I'm still planning on competing with you during next year's Tommy Kono V so get back to training as soon as possible.

Pierini Fitness said...

Thanks fellas. I appeciate you following my illness journey and cheering me on to wellness. I didn't feel so alone in the thick of it.

Justin, it's a standing offer. Franklin, see you next year if not sooner. Charles, make Sacramento your next California destination and plan on residing in the VIP suite of the worldwide headquarters of Pierini Fitness. Bring the entire Long clan.

Thanks again fellas.