Wednesday, March 15, 2017

My message to a novice blogger

At some point in our lives we become seasoned at what we do whether it’s work, play, travel, a hobby or all the above.  I’ve concluded that I’m a seasoned blogger with almost nine years of blogging under my belt and nearly 1,000 original and unique blogflections bearing my name.

I’ve known this for a while and internalized it but this is the first time I’ve “announced” it, using Pierini Fitness to make it a matter of cyberspace record.

What was my defining moment enabling me to this conclusion?  It was something I recently shared with a person who’s beginning his blogging journey.  I remember when I did so long ago.

The following are slightly condensed and enhanced words of wisdom I gave this young blogger.  My intent was to inspire him in his new pursuit.  What I found, however, was that the inspiration I sought to give him ricocheted back, landing on my lap and inspiring me in my continuing blogging journey. 

Congratulations on entering the fascinating world of blogging.  I've been a blogger for almost 9 years and it has been one of the best things I've ever done.

The self-discovery fruits of your labor may take some time to discover.  For me, the archival benefit of what I've written has been tremendous.  I recycle some of my works and use them in a monthly e-newsletter for my clients, who enjoy my compositions almost as much as I do.

Sometimes I’ll go back to my early compositions and, when I do, I’m surprised that I wrote what I did.  I’ve learned that my thoughts, opinions and feelings about what I’ve written oftentimes remain the same.  From this I learn how set I am in my ways, and that I’m a creature of habit; rigid some might say.

It’s typical for a novice blogger to have newbie zeal only later to discover that lethargy arrives.  This is something that shouldn’t cause excessive concern or frustration.  It should be welcomed since it’s part of the ebb and flow of life.

Creative dryness is something most bloggers eventually experience.  This is natural for creative people, and bloggers are creative people just like artists and musicians.  We happen to use a different medium - a cyberspace landscape - being creative and expressing ourselves.

I hope many fruits from your labor unfold and that you become a better person from your efforts.”  

This was my message to a novice blogger.

Pax Domini sit semper vobiscum

No comments: