Monday, March 6, 2017

The day I become an old man

Pierini Fitness 1-2-3.  L to R, middle-aged, old and young  man
versions, circa 2008 on my Dad's 82nd birthday - RIP dear Dad
.
Today is my son’s birthday.  I wish him a Pierini Fitness happy birthday along with my prayers and well wishes that he experiences abundant faith, family, fitness and fortune in his life.  He’s still a young man and father who, God willing, will one day be a proud middle-aged man like his father.

I’ve previously defined the middle-aged man as someone enjoying the prime years in his life beginning at age 45 and lasting until age 70.  At age 70, time’s up, and a middle-aged man becomes an old man; this is what I’ve proclaimed.    

With help from an old-school math prop, using my fingers to count, I learn that my son will become a middle-aged man two weeks after the day I become an old man.

Pax Domini sit semper vobiscum

No comments: