Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Just hanging around


For the past month, I’ve spent about one minute every Monday through Friday morning hanging from the pullup bar in my basement. It’s part of a 10-minute early morning flexibility workout I’ve been doing before going to work. It makes my body feel good and prepares it for the rigors of the sitting I do to make a living.

I grip my pullup bar using a standard width pullup grip (palms away) with my arms fully extended. The one minute I’m hanging is short of my failure point but long enough to give my sleepy muscles an early morning wakeup call. My longest hang time is 2:08 but that was about 1.5 years ago and 10 pounds lighter. I think it’s time again to spend more time hanging and see if I can get close to my personal best. Maybe I’ll start doing that after my burpee challenge ends.

It’s all part of my something is better than nothing training mindset during my busy work season – spending a few early morning moments of solitary confinement in my basement just hanging around.

Pax Domini sit semper vobiscum

No comments: