Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Week 4 burpee challenge status report


Last Friday was the end of week 4 of my burpee challenge. I started off with a slower Monday and finished on Friday with a new personal best time for my 54-rep set. For those who missed my burpee challenge, you can read about it here: No burpees today no food tomorrow

The following is my week 4 burpee challenge status report:

Monday
A single set of 54 reps of the standard burpee completed in 6:09, done at the end of an Olympic lift training day. My prior best time was 6:05 on January 22nd.

Tuesday
A single set of 54 reps of the standard burpee completed in 5:34. This was the fastest I've completed the 54-rep set since I started this challenge.

Wednesday
A single set of 54 reps of the standard burpee completed in 5:31. Another good effort and 3 seconds faster than the previous day.

Thursday
A single set of 54 reps of the standard burpee, completed in 5:45, done at the end of an Olympic lift training day. My times are consistently slower on these training days.

Friday
A single set of 54 reps of the standard burpee completed in 5:27. This was my best effort since beginning the burpee challenge.

Next week I'll start using my heart rate monitor to record my average and highest heart rate beats per minute during the 54-rep set as a way of monitoring further improvement in my anaerobic conditioning.

But for now folks, that's my week 4 burpee challenge status report.

Pax Domini sit semper vobiscum

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now that you have your time down on the Burpees it is time to make a video of one of those 54 Burpees workout. I like to watch other in pain. Bob

Pierini Fitness said...

Hi Bob,

My time continues to drop as I'll share with my next status report.

The plan is for such a vid showing my agony during a 54-rep set. Check back in a couple weeks.

Have a great day!