Monday, February 16, 2009

Feeling good about the 4:58


Last Friday was the end of week 6 of my burpee challenge that I wrote about here: No burpees today no food tomorrow

Here’s a day-by-day account of how I did this week with comparison times for the previous week:

Monday
A single set of 54 reps of the standard burpee completed in 5:39, done at the end of an Olympic lift training day. This effort was faster than the previous Monday’s time of 6:00.

Tuesday
A single set of 54 reps of the standard burpee completed in 4:58 for a new personal record (PR), done at a neighborhood park on the way home from work. This effort was faster than the previous Tuesday’s time of 5:04.

Wednesday
A single set of 54 reps of the standard burpee completed in 5:36. This effort was faster than the previous Wednesday’ time of 6:06 that was done at the end of an Olympic lift training day.

Thursday
A single set of 54 reps of the standard burpee completed in 5:01. This effort was one second slower than the previous Thursday’s time of 5:00, my previous PR.

Friday
A single set of 54 reps of the standard burpee completed in 7:08, done at the end of an Olympic lift training day. I made a note in my training journal before I did the set that a leisure pace was planned and that is how I did them but they were still hard to do. This effort was considerably slower than my previous Friday’s time of 5:45.

That’s my week 6 burpee challenge status report. Right now I’m feeling good about the 4:58.

Pax Domini sit semper vobiscum

No comments: