Saturday, February 28, 2009

Middle-age man fitness dividend


Tomorrow begins a new month and, for me, the toughest month of the year in my job. Fortunately, it's Sunday and my sacred rest day to rejuvenate my body, mind and spirit. I need to do a good job of that because Monday begins a full-steam pedal to the metal work intensity that challenges every drop of my work ethic and mental discipline.

Last March I worked 273 hours, but never on Sunday, and that is my plan again this year except that my March 2009 to do list currently pencils in at about 294 hours. I expect to come in at 280 hours at best; hoping that work efficiencies will absorb the difference. Needless to say, squeezing in fitness training becomes extremely difficult so I’ll continue to be guided by my “something is better than nothing” mindset that I wrote about here: Something is better than nothing

Middle-age man “toughness” and physical fitness make it possible for me to endure this demanding workload. For lack of a better term, I call it the middle-age man fitness dividend.

Pax Domini sit semper vobiscum

1 comment:

Charles Long said...

You can do it! I have confidence in you.